My name is Hector and I was born in Barcelona (Spain) in 1986, and I always loved drawing. So, when I was 16 I started studying at Joso Comics, where I learned a lot of skills for my future job: Concept Artist and Game Developer.
Sadly, sometimes you can’t can work on you dream field, and when I was 21 I moved to Cáceres (Spain) to work on my second passion, Web Developing. My dad had a PC at home when I was young, so I started to code a few websites since I was around 14 years old until today.
A few years later I met Nikotxan (creator of the first animated webserie on Spain named Cálico Electrónico) and thanks to him, the desire to learn 2D animation aroused in me. While I was learning animation, I started a YouTube channel trying to grow up my skill as an animator. The channel later reached about 113.000 subscribers and, thanks to this, I was able to work with many famous brands like Playstation, Netflix, Nintendo…
During this time I moved to Cadiz, and Niko and I made a few webseries for the Latinamerican public. “Mad Dinner”, “Super Épico” and “Las crónicas Troll” are some examples of this. In the present, I work as a freelance doing concept art, character design and GUI designs for some Videogame Studios like Uplay Online. Also, I’m developing my own games as a Game Developer. “Train to Nowhere” and “Alex Kidd in Miracle World Remake” are some examples.
So, that’s it! Thank you so much for reading my story and I hope we can work someday in the future!
- Educación Secundaria Obligatoria (ESO),C.E. Montseny (Barcelona) 1998 – 2002
- CFGM/CFGS Graphic Design and Illustration Joso Comic School (Barcelona) 2003 – 2006
- Interactive Development and Flash Animation Grade, Joso Comic School (Barcelona) 2008
- User Experience and SEO Techniques Grade, TheEvnt (Badajoz) 2011
- Organic Sculpt on ZBrush (Udemy) in progress
- Hand painted texturized for video games (Udemy) in progress
- High Skills on Web development in standard CMS like WordPress, Prestashop…
- Photography and Photography Knowledge of Merchandisign photostudio
- Unity 3D knowledge
- Basic organic sculpt on Zbrush
- High skills on AGStudio
- Pre-print and printing Knowledge
- Work on Win/MacOSX
Software / APP
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Macromedia Freehand
- Sony Vegas Studio
- Aseprite (Pixelart)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Freelance (2003 – 2010)
Web developer and illustrator, making designs to small brands. (2D Mascots, logotypes, t-shirts designs, packaging, video edit…)
- SexOwners (2003 – 2006)
Graphic web designer and CSS editor on adult websites.
- SatinMail S.L. (2006-2007)
Art Director on web design department.
- Azuanet Soluciones Web S.L. (2010 – 2013)
Web Developer Senior, Art director on web design department. Websites, Packaging, illustration, CSS-CSS3, SEO junior and Community Manager on RRSS.
- Freelance (2013 – 2014)
Making corporate identity for content creator on Youtube and other platforms.
- Nikotxan (Cálico Electrónico S.L.U 2013 – 2016)
Concept artist, character designer… Art director and co-producer of webseries.
- Uplay Online (2017 – 2018)
Freelance, Art director on “My Tubi”, mobile game for Android & IOS and concept artist in Youtuber’s Life, eSports Life and more.
- Freelance (2018 – today)
Indie Game developer, making an adventure game named “Train to Nowhere” and Alex Kidd in Miracle World REMAKE (Property of SEGA corp.), making corporate identity for content creator on Youtube.
- When I was working as web designer in Azuanet, we increased our client portfolio up to +42%
- My collaboration with the most popular creator content of Youtube in Spain, elrubiusOMG (30.000.000 subscribers). Our collaboratorion was the fifth most viewed video on Youtube Spain in 2016 Watch Video
- Another successful collaboration was made with Zarcort (7.700.000 subscribers) and has around 10.000.000 viewsWatch Video
- In 2014 I made a pilot episode of a fan webserie about League of Legends. This video, as today, has more than 1.000.000 views. Watch Video
- For this reason I worked with Riot Games during a competitive event, doing assets for a few streamers and influencers of Twitch platform.
- In 2015 Netflix was introduced in Spain and I was selected to do a promotional sketch Watch Video
- In 2016 I made several videos to promote the new Amiibo figures for Nintendo.Watch all videos
- During 2016 and 2017 I produced a webserie called “Niño Ratón” who gined popularity in Spain, getting more than 2.000.000 views in its first season.
- Honorable Mention in “Carballo Interplay Festival 2016” with webserie “Niño Ratón”
- Best online webserie in Spanish with “Niño Ratón” on 3DWire Animation Festival in 2017
- I won the 1st place in drawing contest made by Coca-Cola Co. where all schools in Barcelona participed.
- I was finalist of Andalusian contest for a corporate identity of Carnaval in Cadiz.